Monday 20 August 2012

More Zombies.

More zombies. Y'know. Loitering...

...as is the wont of zombies.

Another six zombies. I can't believe it. Okay, they're not completely complete, a they'll want some basing, but still. Six extra zombies. That means I've painted seventeen models in one month so far. And the month isn't even over yet!

Here they are, in all their grizzly glory:




Apologies for the lack of staging, but the scenery is in a cupboard which was alarmingly close to my sleeping infant daughter. It wasn't a hard decision to make: you'll just have to do without staging. Let sleeping infants lie...

In related news, however, things are lining up for my first physical game of warhammer 3rd edition since, well, 1992?

Twenty years ago.

If we take a look at Skarsnik's player finder, we might note that there is a man the local sheriff knows as 'Andre':


I'm located at the other pin. We've been threatening violence towards each other for months, but jobs, kids and other real-life activities have thus far prevented our joyous slaughter. But, on Monday, the 27th Day of September (EDIT:August, you retard...), I shall scrounge whatever painted items I can find, mash up some sort of army list and deliver twenty years of pent-up frustration to somewhere South of Hampton.

So I'm trying to get as much stuff painted as I can. Hopefully, I'll post up the list by the following weekend. I also have a secret fantasy that I might actually produce something for the Golden Gobbo - which is still unpainted, unbased, unmounted and, well, un-thought-of. What a backstory, should that entry be able to mark its (his? her? Its? I'm not telling!) debut with glorious slaughter on the field of battle!

But, no promises. New Dad. Still got twenty months before I can't use that anymore...



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the zombies and wise move regarding the scenery!

    Congratulations on getting a game organised too. Can we expect a lavishly photographed battle report some time in October then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. color me jealous!! Very exciting that you will get in an actual Oldhammer game. Please take some photos and give us a report when the dust settles.

    And 17 figures in a month! you sir a New-dad Champion! keep up the good work.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies - I see that I meant August, not September. The psychic interface on my laptop appears to be packing in again...

    So yeah, now that we are appraised of the correct dates, October sounds quite reasonable, Mr T. October 2015, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Blue - cheers for that. Still struggling with the OCD - I thought it would get easier...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those zombies look...well, killer! Great colors! The left-center one in the first pic has perhaps the most expressive face I've ever seen on a miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaj it was a good game... We should do it again...

    Andre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fellah with the buzzard on his shoulder. One of my all time favorites.

    So...how did the game go??? Do tell please???

    ReplyDelete